Apply here. An opportunity now arises for a Legal Intern as an addition to the regional Legal team based out of the Asia Pacific regional office in Singapore. The incumbent provides advice and assistance regarding all legal matters (mainly commercial agreements and corporate secretary) within APAC region.
The legal intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting the legal department and the management team in APAC in a wide range of legal work including :
· drafting and revising contracts with customers and suppliers, especially verify sensitive provisions in compliance with Group’s standards;
· Centralize and manage corporate documents for all legal entities and follow the process of communication with Headquarters (Annual meeting, Board of Directors etc…);
· Follow the administrative duties related to official registration and formalities of the legal entities (in particular up-dates of registration of representation offices);
· Management protection and enhancement of the value of the assets of the company and in particular the Insurance related matters (follow and centralize claims and notification, for transfer to Headquarters and at the exclusion of the negotiation of insurance contract);
· preparing compliance, risk management related reports working closely with Headquarters and developing a prevention and management policy for legal risks rising from the business;
· providing legal and documentation assistance to the team with geographical coverage of South East Asia, Australia, China and India;
· legal research;
· Inform headquarters about any trademark or intellectual property issues or requests;
· Report of legal tasks carried out and arising issues to the regional legal department and headquarters.
· Candidates must be available to begin work on short notice and be available full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 2 (and up to 4) months.
· Currently studying Master of Laws or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree in Law
· Good understanding of legal principles
· Sound knowledge of corporate secretarial matters
· Strong attention to detail coupled with a solution orientated approach
· Able to thrive in a busy, commercially oriented and hands-on environment
· Must possess strong organizational, time management and communication skills
· Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as a solid team member
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Email
· Some prior experience within an in-house legal environment would be a plus
· Fluency in other Asian language skills an advantage as this role involves interaction with stakeholders from other entities within Asia Pacific