Airbnb is seeking four exceptional 1Ls for a 12-week summer Legal internship.
To apply, visit https://careers.airbnb.com/positions/2517237/
While interns will work primarily with legal team members based in our headquarters in San Francisco, CA, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will be virtual and we welcome applications from candidates across the United States.*
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7.4 million available listings of homes and experiences, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than 825 million guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages and dialects across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
Airbnb’s legal team embodies the company’s innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy and law around the world. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunity to find creative and practical solutions. We’re an adventurous, fast-moving group. Does this sound like you? Then join us!
What will I work on as a Legal intern at Airbnb?
Assigned projects will depend on the department’s needs and your interests. You will have the opportunity to work closely with various legal team members and their business partners to support a variety of legal functions, which may include: Intellectual Property, Corporate, Commercial, Marketing, Product, Privacy, Payments, Litigation, Regulatory/Policy, and Employment. You will attend and participate in internal and external (virtual) meetings, collaborate on cross-functional projects, receive feedback, mentoring and support, gain new communication skills, and learn about the practical dimensions of practicing law in-house. Reliable internet access will be needed, as we expect your interactions with the team to be primarily via video and phone conferencing.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Current first-year law student at a nationally-accredited law school
- Strong academic credentials
- Prior work experience in a professional environment a plus
- Self-motivated, creative, scrappy and adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and team-oriented
- Desire to learn new skills and take on challenges
- High level of integrity, intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
- Passion for the Airbnb mission; experience with the platform a plus!
- This is a paid internship with a competitive hourly rate and housing benefits (stipend)
- Paid time off
- Employee travel coupons
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- An Airbnb-provided work laptop and stipend for your home office set-up
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Virtual company-sponsored tech talks, experiences and events
- And more!
How to Apply
Submit (1) your resume, (2) a cover letter describing how one or more of Airbnb’s Core Values resonates with you, what you hope to gain from this internship, and why you would be a great addition to the Airbnb legal team, (3) a writing sample (approximately 3-5 pages), and (4) your first quarter or semester grades (when available) below by January 4, 2021. We will review submissions on a rolling basis and expect to complete the selection process by March 2021.
Belong at Airbnb
We believe that embracing differences is key to promoting innovation and accessibility in our global community. We seek interns expressing diverse cultures, backgrounds, interests, thinking, and identities. Just like each listing is unique, so is each person, and we are building a culture where everyone can belong and thrive.